O.P. Otter

Discuss & help catalog the many LPS color/sticker/etc. variations here!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88, LPS-in-Germany

O.P. Otter

Postby katze016 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Awhile ago I ended up with an O.P. Otter in my duplicates and realized the one I'd had in my collection for years is different. Whether mine is a general variant, an international variant (I got it from a former German member on the old forum), or possibly a prototype, I'm not sure.

The otter in my collection is a hard, solid plastic. It's not squishy, so it does not squirt water like O.P. is supposed to do. He's also slightly smaller than a normal O.P.

Here normal O.P. is on the left and mine is on the right.
DSCN1602.JPG

DSCN1603.JPG

DSCN1604.JPG

My odd little otter does still float and it's interesting to note that he floats face up like the product pictures show, where as the soft one always flips over and floats face down. Also, the painted details seem a bit brighter and shinier to me, so it's possible mine was hand-painted. Which makes me think he might be a prototype.
"All I want to do is dance, until I fall into the undiscovered depths of my mind." ~ unknown
katze016

Re: O.P. Otter

Postby Waylah » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

The fact that it can't squirt water really makes me think it's a prototype. How cool! I like that is floats properly.
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby loves toys » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:40 pm

I agree with Waylah, since it doesn't squirt water makes me think it's a prototype. It's hard to tell, does it have a hole to squirt water?
loves toys

Postby jillrose » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:38 pm

That is really cool! :)

While we are on the topic of the otter...does anyone know what the "O.P." part of his name refers to?
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Return to General Variations