Wisdom teeth

Anything and everything!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Wisdom teeth

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:10 am

I'm having my wisdom teeth removed on Thursday, I'm not looking forward to it either. I'm starting to have anxiety about it, as it gets closer, I know I need to have it done, but still :cry:
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Re: Wisdom teeth

Postby jillrose » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:36 am

I probably need to get mine done this year :( It is rather painful and recovery takes a few days to about a week. Stock up on really soft foods (pudding, ice cream, yogurt) as well as juices and fruits; you may find yourself making a lot of smoothies, but at least that can be fun! :)

Plan to give yourself much needed rest and recovery time afterward :)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby dIGITS » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:49 am

Listen to them and don't drink through straws or smoke if you are a smoker. That can lead to dry sockets which is the worst pain ever... Other than that it is really not bad and really not so painful almost like nothing really... Just don't plan to leave the house for a couple days because your face might be swollen like a balloon.
Is seriously addicted to all things adorable.
dIGITS

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:52 am

Yea, I've put it off long enough. Three of them are impacted, one is just a simple extraction. One of the impacted teeth is close to my nerve, which could be a problem. I'm off work for just over a week after it's done. I'm going today to get some foods for post surgery
jeapos88

Postby dIGITS » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:26 pm

You'll have lots of forum time! Let us know if you need anything :)
Is seriously addicted to all things adorable.
dIGITS

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Good luck! I had mine removed. Once you fall asleep you don't feel anything and you wake up in what feels like a second. I didn't have too much discomfort after. I only had 3 out of 4 develop (so maybe that says something about my missing "wisdom"...). But you'll be back to normal in no time. Try not to worry!! :D
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby 8Caroline8 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:30 pm

That's so weird i am having mine removed as well very soon! I am also worried about everything!! I hope all goes well for you and that recovery is quick!
8Caroline8

Postby Tosh » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Aww, good luck you guys!! I had mine done a few years ago too, it's really not too bad :D Good advice too about the straws and what not. Stock up on popsicles and ice cream too!! Hope everything goes well for you!!
Tosh

Postby loves toys » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:35 pm

I've had all mine removed, lots of soft foods - ice cream. I tried chicken noodle soup, probably before I should have, but if you just eat the broth and noodles you should be fine, just slurp them down - I wanted me some soup!! :lol:

The pain medicine made me sick, so I only used that once then stuck with advil. When my brother had his taken out he got sick more than I did, which caused him to get dry sockets. Just be careful if the medicine makes you sick.

Other than that you should be good, let us know if you need anything! ;)
loves toys

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks for all the tips everyone! I am going to the store tomorrow to get me some ice cream, and soup.

I had all my baby teeth pulled by the dentist, and I haven't had one pulled since I was 12, so I think I have more anxiety relating to that than anything. I can't even be in the same room as my kid siblings when they have a loose tooth :?
jeapos88

Postby moonlightkitty » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:05 pm

It's completely normal to be anxious about this, but so long as you take your pain meds and antibiotics you'll be absolutely fine. Yes to no straws! I had a general anesthetic and got bruises and swelling but apart from sleeping for about 14 hours straight after getting home had no problems.

I know it doesn't really help to say there's nothing to worry about but I do remember being really anxious before all 4 of mine were removed and then wondering what all the fuss was about afterwards? (kind of like getting married ha ha)
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Return to Off Topic