eBay app frustration

Anything and everything!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

eBay app frustration

Postby katze016 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:22 pm

WARNING: I need to rant.

So is anyone else pulling their hair out over the complete eBay app overhaul??!!!

Seriously, whoever designed it ought to be fired. They took their simple, easy-to-use design and turned it into a jumbled mess that is chalk full of useless advertising. It's the complete opposite of easy to navigate. Actions that used to require one click now take endless scrolling and multiple clicks. Half of my followed searches disappeared. The ones that remained don't have the correct search parameters that I had in place, and when I try to refine the search terms my changes won't save. The font of the followed searches list is so large that the titles all run off the screen, making what's left of the list harder to navigate.
Followed searches aren't being updated correctly either. Between the 40 followed searches I had, I would end up with 100+ new listings to look at every day. Now the app claims I have less than a dozen per day. So in just two days I've missed out on viewing more than 200 listings. The only solution I see to this would be to only utilize the web page, view each of my followed searches daily, and write down the last listing I viewed so as to bookmark my place for the next time I view the search. The same goes for checking all of my international searches daily, since they were all deleted too.
Talk about a completely cumbersome way to make your customers stay up to date on new listings. And there will definitely be missed BIN opportunities now that I'll have to wait until I get home at the end of the day to check all of my searches. I have yet to bid on anything via the new app, but I can only imagine there will be new horrors to discover there as well.

If nothing else it's been entertaining to read page after page of negative reviews tearing them to shreds the past two days. In just the past 12 hours they've garnered themselves over 4,000 more 1-star negative reviews, and lost half a star in their overall rating on the Andriod market. I imagine they're getting similar reviews for the iphone app. Hopefully they wise up and listen to their customer base, but as of now they've made no mention of reverting to their former, functional version or of making further updates to address the multitude of problems.
Last edited by katze016 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All I want to do is dance, until I fall into the undiscovered depths of my mind." ~ unknown
katze016

Re: eBay app frustration

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:43 pm

Oooh, I haven't been on my eBay app since it updated, that sucks, I do most of my ebaying( that's a word right;)) on my app on my phone,:(
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby Nina:) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:19 pm

Oh yes i know what you mean!!!!

After the last update all my settings are mixed or delete!!
Nina:)

Postby Saradavo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:29 pm

I also share all of your frustrations! I have gone back to using the website as I can't keep yelling at my phone in public!!! Fix it ebay!!!
Saradavo

Postby katze016 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Saradavo wrote:I have gone back to using the website as I can't keep yelling at my phone in public!!!

Hahaha, same here!

I managed to fix most of my followed searches. Or maybe fix isn't the right word because ultimately I had to delete them all and start over. My saved international searches still won't work though. I found where to toggle over to international eBay sites, made my search, and saved it. But when I toggle back to US eBay and select the search from my followed search list it only gives me search results from the US. :wtf: No, eBay app, I do not need to see anything that a US seller would list under the keywords meine kleine tierwelt...ugh!

I'm seeing a few more listings than I was yesterday, but I'm still not convinced I'm seeing everything that's been listed in a followed search since the previous time that I viewed it. Instead they seem intent on shoving a bunch of "these are similar" listings or sponsored listings in your face.

Their app on the andriod market is up another 2,000 negative 1-star reviews since I posted this yesterday. I'd encourage everyone here to write one. Hopefully they'll take notice soon.
"All I want to do is dance, until I fall into the undiscovered depths of my mind." ~ unknown
katze016

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:05 pm

Oh no! I didn't experience this problem with the app on iPhone. However I haven't done an update recently so maybe that's why. I have never been able to save international searches on my phone anyway. Always have to search them on the computer. eBay needs to get its stuff together!
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katze016 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:14 pm

Joey, do not get the new update if you don't have to! It's a nightmare.

For all the andriod users, I found instructions on the eBay community forums to get the previous version back, and it works!!!!

1. Uninstall current awful ebay app
2. Google search "old ebay app" and tap on the first website
http://app-oficial-de-ebay.en.uptodown.com/android/old
3. Select the version on the right-hand side, version 3.0.0.19 (the last version before the new monstrosity)
4. Download and install
*you may need to change in your security settings the ability to install apps from unknown sources*
*also, I ran this through my phones security app before installing and it was found to be safe*

5. Go to your Play Store home page
6. Click Apps
7. Tap the top left menu, then select My Apps
8. Under your Installed list, find the newly downloaded Ebay app, select it
9. Bring up the menu by tapping your bottom left pad (left of the phone home button)
*for me the menu was at the top right corner of the screen (I have an HTC)*
10. Uncheck Auto-Update

THE HEADACHE IS OVER!!! :D
Now back to my regularly scheduled toy shopping. :P
katze016

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:48 pm

Yay! I'm so glad you got it back to the original. Yes, I see it looming in my apps to update. Thanks for the heads up! I'll wait for the fix before opting to update. Happy ebay-ing!!! :P
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby Waylah » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:58 am

I never update my apps, so its not a problem for me. I wonder if there is a third-party ebay app that does what you want? Get on the interwebs and have a hunt around, you might find what you need. First hit I get:
http://www.techradar.com/au/news/internet/web/10-killer-apps-for-ebay-buyers-and-sellers-528505
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Return to Off Topic