Facebook banned me...

Anything and everything!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Facebook banned me...

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:08 am

So Facebook has banned me, because I don't use my real name on there. I never have not since I opened my account, well some how Facebook realized it and now I can't get back into my account unless I send them a copy of some form of picture Id to "verify I am who I say I am" and I have to change my fb name to my real name so it matches my id name.

Umm no, sorry Facebook I'm not sending you a picture of any I'd. Just thought I'd share in case you didn't know fb did that.
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Re: Facebook banned me...

Postby katze016 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Ugh...sorry to hear about your troubles. Facebook keeps getting sketchier and sketchier these days it seems.

I follow this wonderful woman in Arizona who raises animals like camels, ostriches, and most recently a high content wolf-dog. She has a youtube account and posts videos of them in hopes of spreading the correct message about often misunderstood or feared animals. Despite following her fb page I rarely see updates from her, and it's because fb wants her to pay fees for her posts to be seen. I could understand that if she was looking to promote her posts, but they expect her to do this just so that people who have already liked and followed her page will see her content.

Ridiculous!!

This is her page if anyone is intereted - https://www.youtube.com/user/camelsandfriends
She has around 5 years worth of videos. I highly recommend starting with her oldest ones and watching all the way through. She's fostered, raised, and owned many an interesting animal over the years.
"All I want to do is dance, until I fall into the undiscovered depths of my mind." ~ unknown
katze016

Postby Waylah » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:11 am

Argh that is so presumptuous of them; they're a website, not a government institution!!! You could make a new account with a new fake name that could be a real name, like Jea Post, Jeapos Tang, Xia Pos, hmmm... What name were you using before? Maybe we can come up with a namified version of it. Hey, we can even mock you up an image of some 'I.D.' with your chosen facebook name to get back your old account. What exactly did they require? Don't give in!! :D

I have many friends with slightly or more than slightly twisted verions of their names on facebook. I even have a friend who, after leaving an abusive husband, legally changed her surname to match her fake facebook surname!!!
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby jeapos88 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:03 am

Waylah wrote:Argh that is so presumptuous of them; they're a website, not a government institution!!! You could make a new account with a new fake name that could be a real name, like Jea Post, Jeapos Tang, Xia Pos, hmmm... What name were you using before? Maybe we can come up with a namified version of it. Hey, we can even mock you up an image of some 'I.D.' with your chosen facebook name to get back your old account. What exactly did they require? Don't give in!!

That's exactly what I plan to do, I REFUSE to give in!
My name on fb was Hawaii Bound, I have personal reasons why I don't use my real name, and have been using this name since I opened my account in 2007, without incident till now. As far as I know either someone reported me for using an alias, or fb decided what I was posting was "hate speech" cause apparently they can block you if they decided that, too.
In order for me to get my old account back I would have to provide one of the following:

Option 1: Government ID

One government-issued ID that contains your name and date of birth or your name and photo. Examples include:

Passport
Voter ID card
Driver’s license
Birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Official name change paperwork
Tribal identification or status card
Personal or vehicle insurance card
Green card, residence permit or immigration papers
Non-driver's government ID (ex: disability, SNAP card, national ID card)

Option 2: Two Non-Government Options

Two different forms of ID from the following list. The names on your IDs must match each other. One of the IDs must include a photo or date of birth that matches the information on your profile so we can confirm that you're the owner of the account.

Choose from:

Mail
Check
Permit
Transit card
Utility bill
Credit card
School ID card
Library card
Paycheck stub
School record
Medical record
Bank statement
Social Security card
Employment verification
Magazine subscription stub
Yearbook photo (actual scan or photograph of the page in your yearbook)
Membership ID (ex: pension card, union membership, work ID, professional ID)

To me it's just too invasive, why should they need a copy of any form of I'd.
jeapos88

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Maybe you can get a magazine subscription with that name (and they'll never be able to really bill you) and then for the second we can make you an ID card for your membership in the LPS forum! :lol:

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I once had to submit my license and another form of ID too, either to eBay or paypal (I can't remember which). It was such a hassle. :roll:
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby twincheckers » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:25 pm

I was wondering why I hadn't seen any of your Facebook posts in a couple of days...

It sucks that they do that. It's the internet... it's impossible to "police" anyway... and aren't there bigger things to worry about online anyway?

I had a friend who used "Romeo Juliet" as her FB name for YEARS. She uses Ariel something or other now, but neither of them is her legal name and she seems to get away with it just fine.
twincheckers

Postby jeapos88 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:17 pm

TequilaMockingbird wrote:Maybe you can get a magazine subscription with that name (and they'll never be able to really bill you) and then for the second we can make you an ID card for your membership in the LPS forum! :lol:

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I once had to submit my license and another form of ID too, either to eBay or paypal (I can't remember which). It was such a hassle. :roll:

If it was for eBay/PayPal I wouldn't mind so much, but for Facebook its a bit ridiculous. Haha I like the idea of on LPS forum member card :) I'll figure something out, but I will not give up yet.
jeapos88

Postby jeapos88 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:24 pm

twincheckers wrote:I was wondering why I hadn't seen any of your Facebook posts in a couple of days...

It sucks that they do that. It's the internet... it's impossible to "police" anyway... and aren't there bigger things to worry about online anyway?

I had a friend who used "Romeo Juliet" as her FB name for YEARS. She uses Ariel something or other now, but neither of them is her legal name and she seems to get away with it just fine.

I know tons of people use fake names on FB, like I said, unless you get reported it's all good. It's locked to the point that I can't even search for that name, and all the posts I'd commented on, my comments don't even show up. I got an email from fb asking for my id and until until I email it, I can't do anything with the account.
jeapos88

Postby jillrose » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:25 pm

You can make any scan of your true ID into a fake one that LOOKS real using Photoshop... ;) not that I know how to do this, or anything... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby Waylah » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:26 am

We should mail you a typed letter to Hawaii Bound, and we can send a check made out to Hawaii Bound (don't bank it :P ), and a LPS forum membership card with your fb date of birth on it. Then you'd be set. Lets make this fun; we should design a really cute membership card! :D
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:35 am

Can I have a membership card too? :shock:
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jeapos88 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:25 pm

Waylah wrote:We should mail you a typed letter to Hawaii Bound, and we can send a check made out to Hawaii Bound (don't bank it :P ), and a LPS forum membership card with your fb date of birth on it. Then you'd be set. Lets make this fun; we should design a really cute membership card! :D

Those are great ideas, I love it. Yes membership cards for all :)
jeapos88

Postby ibuildabrit » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:30 pm

I know this an old post but I think the id of membership cards is cute! I want one as well!
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Return to Off Topic