Fakie ID?

Discuss LPS fakies and look-alikes here!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88, jillrose

Fakie ID?

Postby sarafina » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Someone emailed me with these fakie photos and is hoping to get some more info on these sets...toy line name, price estimate, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Attachments
fakiebird.jpg
fakielizard.jpg
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Re: Fakie ID?

Postby loves toys » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:34 pm

Those are listed on ebay right now!

Sorry I don't know anything about them.
loves toys

Postby sarafina » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Yep, it's the seller who contacted me for more info! She was surprised to see bids already popping up & thought she'd try to find out more. Good luck to whoever is bidding!! :)
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Postby styxlver_82 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:57 pm

sarafina wrote:Yep, it's the seller who contacted me for more info! She was surprised to see bids already popping up & thought she'd try to find out more. Good luck to whoever is bidding!! :)

Well, I'm bidding on the 2 fakies in these photos because I'd like to get the pets and birdcage for my fakie collection. I don't know the name of the toy line they're from, most likely it's just something generic, but the green carrier with the purple door that the seller has listed is from the same fakie line. Just to note, this seller's lizard fakie (the one in the photo in this thread) has the LPS Racing Lizard's cage...the seller also has a Racing Lizard (that they have listed as "Color Change Chameleon"), and that has the correct cage for the fakie lizard set (the pink water bottle and happy face sun image on the cage). It's not a big deal, but just thought I should mention it for informational purposes...hope it helps a little.
Currently looking for the Lamb fact card...please let me know if you have one for sale or trade!
styxlver_82

Postby sarafina » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:58 pm

Oh, interesting! Good catch on the accessories, Leah. I'll mention it to her just to let her know. Good luck with the bids!
sarafina

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:36 pm

This is at least the 3rd time I have seen pieces of this set come up. I have seen them with similar pieces together. I assume it was a set of at least 4. The chameleon, the bird and whatever else came in the basket and the crate. I assume a bunny and puppy. Here's a picture of what I have from this 'series'
Attachments
image.jpg
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katze016 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:07 pm

My sister received this set as a child. I dug out her pets the last time I was home and the only one she has left is the bird cage. Unfortunately there's no indication of who produced it.
I can say with certainty that it was purchased at either a Ben Franklin store or Pamida, but I'm almost sure it came from Ben Franklin. They had lots of knock off kind of toys like this. I seem to remember the whole set coming on a large bubble card, much like the Ready to Go Pets.
"All I want to do is dance, until I fall into the undiscovered depths of my mind." ~ unknown
katze016

Postby zuse » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 pm

Did we ever find out any more information about these? :)
My pandas don't look very nice on the dark background. :-P
zuse

Return to Fakies