Sorting & Setting Up!

Share photos of your collection with the community!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Sorting & Setting Up!

Postby jillrose » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:35 pm

*EDIT* I am going to track my setup progress within this thread. New photos will appear as comments below. Once again, trying to keep the board neat by building on one post rather than creating new threads each time :)

Today marked the first day of officially beginning the long journey of cleaning, sorting, and displaying my collection! I hope to chronicle my progress along the way :)

I have so many boxes and bags built up from my purchasing spree this year that it took some effort just to clear the first shelf. And since I realized I was cutting it close to catch a train from NJ back to NYC, I managed to snap only one photo :? But here goes!

My first goal: the Country Fun Pets collection. I have not yet tracked down all the pets for the sets that I dusted and displayed...hopefully I can find them next time. I also need to repair the little rain gutter for the CG Nursery.

image.jpg
Last edited by jillrose on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Re: Starting the Sorting...

Postby sarafina » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:40 pm

How pretty!! I'm excited to see your progress. I've always thought the Garden Tag Pets & the lamb fit right in with the Country Fun Pets. :)
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Postby ibuildabrit » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:03 pm

It looks really nice Jillrose! A great start and I wish you luck on tracking down the little pieces you need.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby MoondancerMilkyWay » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:13 pm

it already looks fantabulous!! and you have lil litters!! i love them so!
MoondancerMilkyWay

Postby jillrose » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Thanks for the compliments ladies!

MoondancerMilkyWay - Li'l Litters are my absolute all-time FAVORITES :) All the babies are tucked away in a bin to be safe from the rearranging scuffle! Brittany ~ that's also where my absent Country Fun pets are. The ones I displayed thus far are my more recent finds. The animals I had in my "original" collection (as opposed to stuff I just acquired this year) are all removed from my discombobulated display area while I clean and move the sets first. The pets will be placed once things are a little neater and their homes are cleaned :lol:

Coincidentally, Li'l Litters are the reason I started collecting LPS. I saw an LPS commercial on TV in 1993 and thought hmm, those pets would be great buddies for the Li'l Litters...

::then the collecting madness ensued::
jillrose

Postby LPS-in-Germany » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:36 am

Congrats on starting =)
Sometimes this is the hardest thing when you sit in front of dozens of unsorted boxes...

May I ask you from which toyline those pets on the top shelf are? They look so sweet :) :)
"Now I'm not looking for an absolution, forgiveness for the things I do - but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes, try walking in my shoes
"

--> Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5188
LPS-in-Germany

Postby LPS-in-Germany » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:39 am

Ah stop - Lil' Litters?
I never heard about them before...they are also MLP's, aren't they?? :o :o
"Now I'm not looking for an absolution, forgiveness for the things I do - but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes, try walking in my shoes
"

--> Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5188
LPS-in-Germany

Postby jillrose » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:00 am

Those are the My Little Puppy, Kitty, and Bunny mommies :) (Their babies are not displayed yet.) These MLP friends came out 1990-1992 I think. The first series were the Li'l Litters; four sets each of bunnies, kitties, and puppies. The following year came the Nursery Families; three sets each of kitties and puppies, but no bunnies!
jillrose

Re: Sorting & Setting Up!

Postby jillrose » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:39 pm

I was at my parents' house in NJ yesterday, mainly to go to a medical appointment, but since I was there all day - time to work on the LPS setup! :) I spent some time cleaning dirty pieces and doing minor "repairs" to paint scratches, etc; as well as "power washing" my dusty sets with a good blast of tap water to flush out all the dust. In hindsight, I hope this did not damage the decals :?

Anyway, I am still building Country Fun Village on a dresser top. I was able to "populate" the current village; I did not like having empty homes everywhere!

Unfortunately, I ran short on time for taking pictures - had to catch a train back to NYC for the evening - but my mom was kind enough to take these 3 progress photos and email them to me today.

countryfun1.jpg

I wanted to put some residents in the Country Home case. Top floor: mail order pup with his own litter, comprised of the Jewel Pets pup and the two pups from Fearless Friends. (I bought them piecemeal on Ebay because I actually do not want the full set; I just love the baby pups!) Middle floor: my custom Sparkling Bunny family + Jewel Pets bunny and the Jewel Pets kitty (she needs a family ~ I may have to re-home her next time.) Bottom floor: mail order bunny (hiding behind fence) and, soon to come, the Easter Bunnies.

countryfun2.jpg

As the Puppy Pals are the only Cozy Home Pets I have, I decided they fit nicely in the Country Fun Village, near the Pets on the Move sets :) I finally united my custom black and white patched baby bunny with the Hop 'n' Hide bunnies!

There is an extra bird with the Garden Tag pets...another baby pet that I snagged piecemeal. (I kind of love matching things up like this.)

And finally, the Lamb! The teeny baby lamb is actually wooden; she came in a set of 4 "crafting" animals I got at a local Hobby Shop when I was 7. The main reason I wanted the LPS lamb was to create this little family :)

seaworld.jpg

And finally, the start of Sea World/aquatic pets zoo area! I am quickly trying to acquire the missing elements to these sets...fingers crossed :) Since I do not really use my desk for its intended practical purpose these days, I have decided to build the entire LPS Zoo on its surface. *EXCITEMENT!*
jillrose

Postby jillrose » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:34 am

*bumpies*

EEEEE! I have just been so excited!!! :D I made it to my parents' house unexpectedly on Sunday and worked on LPS world for a few hours. Again, I ran out of time for pics before racing out to get a train :roll: BUT, all of Sea World is now set up, and the Zoo is almost complete!

I plan to go to "NJ home" again this Saturday and continue / take good photos. After the zoo, my next plan is to set up a shelf with alllll the bird, which I feel deserve their own little shelf - like a bird sanctuary!
jillrose

Postby Wholesaletoys » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Wow!!! it looks awesome....
Wholesaletoys

Return to Your Collection