Presenting my little toy shelf!

Share photos of your collection with the community!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Presenting my little toy shelf!

Postby chambychick » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:08 am

As a lot of you know, I was struggling with telling my boyfriend that I collect vintage toys. After having a heart to heart one night I told him. I can't remember if I mentioned it but he basically said I was very silly for not trusting him. Lately he's been teasing me saying "wait, you're a VINTAGE toy collector, no how horrible" accent on vintage. Basically just making fun of how silly I was. We even went thrift store shopping yesterday and I found two ponies! Then after checking to be sure he was ok with it, I now have my own vintage toy shelf in our studio room!!! I am beyond thrilled to finally take my toys out of the closet and display them.
Most of them are in MA, but I have a small collection here :) he has been very supportive even saying that if I want a collection like this ( only my whole collection) I shouldn't let how society thinks hold me back, I shocked go for it. Which I found really encouraging :) I'm very lucky :)
Attachments
image.jpg
chambychick

Re: Presenting my little toy shelf!

Postby ibuildabrit » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:22 am

I am so happy for you! And I have one of those shelves so I may be stealing your idea. I am really glad that your boyfriend has been so encouraging.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby Nina:) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 am

Great pic :)!!
Nina:)

Postby sarafina » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Awww, that warms my heart!! How wonderful that he has been so supportive...it must seem like a big weight off your shoulders. :) Your display is BEAUTIFUL, and I love that you're getting to share this part of your life with your boyfriend now!! Thank you for the update & the great picture!
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Postby Bonbon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:35 am

Your toy shelf is beautiful and your boyfriend is so sweet with you :)
Bonbon

Postby jillrose » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:01 pm

Adorable! :)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby LPS-in-Germany » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:34 am

Larissa, I am so happy it went out great for you.
What did I say????? ;) A great husband always supports you in everything you do...I guess they think it's better than having one party to another with alcohol etc...

I love your shelf and especially the house in the bottom right-hand corner - what is it??? It looks soooo cute... :o
"Now I'm not looking for an absolution, forgiveness for the things I do - but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes, try walking in my shoes
"

--> Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5188
LPS-in-Germany

Return to Your Collection