93 Monkeys

Share your latest LPS finds!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

93 Monkeys

Postby katze016 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:45 pm

Finally!! I've been searching for those red platforms to complete my set for years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1993-LITTLEST-PET-SHOP-SWINGING-MONKEYS-WITH-TREE-HANGOUT-/311408077733?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=ChRBRj39N71hLwjEnfI%252F1lyqk%252BI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The rest of the set will be up for sale once it arrives. So will Jet's card once I open her. Watch for those to be added to my sales thread.
"All I want to do is dance, until I fall into the undiscovered depths of my mind." ~ unknown
katze016

Re: 93 Monkeys

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Yay! Congrats! And I think a lot of hearts will be breaking once you open up the package. Lol. Congrats on both :D
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katze016 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Thanks, Joey! I've been debating about Jet. I only bought her MOC to ensure I'd have a complete set and haven't had qualms about opening MOCs in the past. But with them being so rare as MOCs.....I'm not sure. Though I know others have the filly cards on their wishlists of packaging to collect, so that would make me feel a little better about it.
"All I want to do is dance, until I fall into the undiscovered depths of my mind." ~ unknown
katze016

Postby Waylah » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:49 am

Congrats!!! Those red platforms - why they so hard to find?? I'm still looking. Well done! It must be so satisfying :)

I have a MOC jet (unopened) that is in packaging that is in poor condition. Maybe if we swapped, there would be less 'heart-breaking'? ;)

I totally get where you're coming from though. I really really don't like the idea of damaging packaging, but also want to be able to hold pieces in my hand, play their actions, display and play with them as intended. With MIBs it's easy to have the best of both worlds; opening it carefully, you can still put it back just like it was.

I've opened a couple of MOCs before. I found the trick was to use a sharp scalpel, and carefully cut smooth slits in the plastic bubbles in the crease underneath the items, only just as much as you need to be able to lift that part of the plastic just enough to pull the pieces out. This way the packaging stays pristine, and you can actually put the pieces back in the packaging and you can't even really tell it was opened.
I recommend this way rather than ripping the plastic off, which will damage the back card, and is quite irreversible.
I've been thinking of making 'unboxing' videos of how I do it. Would that be helpful I wonder, or would it stress people out to see MOCs being opened (carefully)? hmm...
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby katze016 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:43 pm

The monkeys are up in my sales thread.

Waylah, thank you for the offer. I think I'll hold on to the one I have and take your suggestions for opening her. Then I can pass on nice looking packaging to someone who really wants it. :)
katze016

Postby Saradavo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Good work!
Saradavo

Postby Alie » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:46 am

Congrats !! :clap:
Alie

Postby katze016 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Thanks, Saradavo and Alie!
katze016

Postby Waylah » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:02 pm

katze016 wrote:The monkeys are up in my sales thread.

Waylah, thank you for the offer. I think I'll hold on to the one I have and take your suggestions for opening her. Then I can pass on nice looking packaging to someone who really wants it. :)

There'll definitely be someone who'll want that packaging :) . I wasn't really serious about swapping; it wouldn't be worth the international shipping and I'll be opening mine eventually any way. Congratz again on scoring those elusive red platforms!
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Return to New Finds