Pony 'n Pet Stable

Share your latest LPS finds!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Pony 'n Pet Stable

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:47 pm

I'm so excited to share this with you guys. I won the stable and I have spent the last few days trying to recreate it as best I can. I hope you guys can share in this excitement with me. I know a lot of you also wanted this. I'm sorry. I remember when the last one was up on ebay and I didn't win. I tried to be and was so happy for the winner. But I have waited for this day for 2 years and I would have paid anything. I know there are more out there waiting to be discovered. And I hope this can serve as a template when they are!

As you know, I purchased pretty much just the shell. This is my progress so far.
Attachments
image.jpg
The auction: the outside
image.jpg
Reverse
image.jpg
Open, missing shelves
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Re: Pony 'n Pet Stable

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:53 pm

For the last few days/weeks I have been trying to print the stickers. For some reason my printer is way off with the color. So I went to Staples and had the same problem. After readjusting the output and settings on my printer, I'm pretty happy with the results. I had to recreate the missing stickers. I think they turned out well. The color isn't perfect. These are the 3rd trial I've gone with but to me looks the closest. I don't have anything to compare with to know for sure but I'm pretty happy with the look.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
TequilaMockingbird

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:54 pm

Inside
Attachments
image.jpg
TequilaMockingbird

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Almost as troubling as the stickers was the shelving. Originally i thought to use cardboard or some thick paper. I finally discovered that the LPS Zoo play case had a purple shelf that is exactly the same depth. So I sacrificed 2 of these and cut them to fit with a box cutter. Plus they're already purple! I have to say that I am also happy that they are already LPS originally so to me I'm happy they are now a part of my stable.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
TequilaMockingbird

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:23 pm

The shelves don't have a lip all the way around. I'll try to figure out something. But I like how it looks so far. Next I recreated some of the additional paper pieces. I used the pictures from sarafinas website. I had to use software to stretch them into the original shape. Again I had color issues with the printer but so far not too bad. I was able to add the playmat track and the little pictures as seen.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
TequilaMockingbird

Postby Notua21 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Congrats Joey! I know I feel a little disappointment, but another will show up eventually. But certainly how exciting for you, I am happy for your win! It means we've located at least one more than we knew of and now it resides within the LPS community! ;) Also you've done an amazing job with replacing the stickers, looks just like the one in the ads! Great job! :D
Notua21

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Next to come are the accessories. I'm really determined to see this through. Thank you to everyone who has helped me with images and guidance thus far. It has been quite the challenge! I feel so lucky to be a part of this great community and have you all to share this with. Stay tuned!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby moonlightkitty » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Wow, you've done an incredible job. It all looks so real. Well done!
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Postby Knidey » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:29 pm

That's beautiful! You should post a picture with all your ponies and some of there fences and make it look all cool. I want to see that lol. Way to go Joey! congratulations!
Knidey

Postby jillrose » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:42 pm

I have been super stressed, but for some reason, seeing this post makes me super happy! Love seeing your progress! :)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby Bonbon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:29 am

It's so beautiful !!! Thanks for sharing !!! I love your reconstruction... You should be proud of the result, it's exactly like the original !!!! Congrats ;)
Good idea Knidey, I would also see your pointes in their stable !!!
Bonbon

Postby ibuildabrit » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:30 pm

That is amazing joey! You should be very proud of all the work you have put into preserving it. It shows the respect you feel towards lps and I cannot wait to see the end result.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Thank you so much ladies! I really appreciate all the kind words and encouragement. I will definitely be incorporating some pony pieces into this. What a great idea! Thanks! I would love to set it up as a ranch style playset.

I really have worked hard. I want to try to stay as true to the LPS tradition as possible. I'd love any other suggestions. I don't have much experience with clay so if anyone can offer tips on creating pieces I'd love to hear it! I really want to make the maroon stage with the different levels. Any suggestions are so appreciated!!!!!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby Waylah » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:56 pm

It looks great! Well done.

Just today I was trying to track down some low-viscosity epoxy. I have successfully made the hair dryer and the leg warmers, but I still can't get the hooks to come out right!
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby 8Caroline8 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:54 pm

This is so cool, i knew i had seen somewhere before that someone re-created stickers!! Awesome job on making it come to life! I think it's so cool when people take the time to make something great again!
8Caroline8

Postby Bodacious1992 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:12 am

COBGRARULATIONS!!! I'm looking forward to seeing how you dress it up for your own collection, I know I'll probably never get one so I'll live vicariously through yours!
Bodacious1992

Postby dIGITS » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:32 pm

yay! Have you had more success with additional accessories?
Is seriously addicted to all things adorable.
dIGITS

Return to New Finds