*STRANGE UPDATE!* Weirdest eBay Occurrence...

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

*STRANGE UPDATE!* Weirdest eBay Occurrence...

Postby jillrose » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:34 pm

SO - WEIRDEST COINCIDENCE. I added the seller described below to my "favorite sellers" Ebay list just so I could stalk them and see if they ever resurfaced. WELL - THEY DID, last week!!!! The auctions that I'd rightfully won came back up last week, and this person NEVER EVEN ANSWERED MY MESSAGES.

Well - joke is on them, because SOMEtimes stories like these have happy endings :) Months ago, I found one of the two sets for a lower price by a different seller. And this past week, someone else put up the OTHER set I had missed out on for a MUCH lower price - it wasn't MIB, but I had no intention of keeping it MIB anyway. So I ended up getting both sets for much less money! WOOHOO.

Still cannot believe that someone who was a power seller disappeared and never even acknowledged my messages or made any attempt to reconcile...but, oh well!

***************************************************************************************************************************

Hi collecting friends! I've been quiet lately due to work, but I had some kinda bummed-out experiences this month with collecting and thought it might help me to share.

First - my beautiful display all had to come down in October! :cry: It was for good reason: my husband and I needed to have a new carpet installed in our bedroom (where my collection shelves are) and therefore all the furniture had to be moved. It was obviously much safer for me to box up LPS world than to attempt moving the cabinets with all the displays inside (DISASTER waiting to happen). I'm disappointed that I haven't had time yet to put all the display shelves back in order. So the cabinets have my collection inside..all boxed up!! AAAAARGH.

Second - I had a very odd situation on eBay. I paid for two rather pricey Baby Buddies MIB auctions. They were from a power seller, over 1000+ feedback, dozens of items for sale - mostly other vintage toys. I saw an update go in that a tracking number had been assigned, but then, nothing ever shipped! I messaged the seller a few times, but then finally opened a case with eBay. eBay was quick to refund me, but the seller never answered...and I've watched as all of their auctions have ended in droves, with nothing getting re-posted. No feedback has been received, and no activity from them since the day they input the tracking #s. Obviously something unplanned happened, but it's just...weird. And obviously, I'm bummed to have never received these rare MIB sets!! AAAAAAAAAARGH again!

I can't help but wonder what happened :shock:
Last edited by jillrose on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Re: Weirdest eBay Occurrence...

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Ugh thats so annoying. Sorry to hear that. I recently had a seller cancel a sale after I won the auction too. "Lost item". :cry:

I thought you already had the Baby Buddies complete. Maybe they will magically turn up!
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jillrose » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:34 am

Nope...just a few more pieces to go!
jillrose

Postby katgyrl » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 am

Wow, something major must have happened to the seller. Suck a bummer!
katgyrl

Postby ibuildabrit » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:01 pm

That is so frustrating! I only need a few more baby buddy pieces and I would be majorly angry if I won an auction and never received the items.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby jillrose » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 am

I've been monitoring this user's activity....there's been nothing since late October when I won these auctions. I think something bad must have happened to them :( They went from having dozens of listings to having just 2. No activity since.
jillrose

Postby Waylah » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:30 pm

That's so weird. I hope they are okay.
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby ibuildabrit » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:57 pm

I always wondered about what would happen if someone died.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby Waylah » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:13 pm

I actually had something similar happen with some ski gloves I bought. They didn't send them, and didn't reply to messages, but didn't appear to be a scammer or anything like that. Ebay just refunded the money. I thought maybe they'd set the item up to automatically relist if it didn't sell, and then forgot about it. It didn't occur to me that they might have actually died.
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby ibuildabrit » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Sorry! I think I went really dark really fast.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Re: *STRANGE UPDATE!* Weirdest eBay Occurrence...

Postby jillrose » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:02 am

BUMP - updated at the top!!
jillrose

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 pm

i recently experienced something similar. there was an item listed for buy it now that didn't sell. So the seller posted it low to get interest in an auction, so i bid and won for a low price. i paid immediately. then the seller refunded saying they lost the item. I inquired and they said they would let me know if they found it. 3 weeks later its posted again, for buy it now again. Its so annoying and theres nothing I can do now. At least its been relisted twice and not selling. I just find it rude and annoying, its easy enough to put a minimum and not have to go through all this. i can't even leave negative feedback since they refunded me.
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jillrose » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 am

Ughhh that's so dumb!! It's the whole reason "reserve prices" exist :?
jillrose

Postby ibuildabrit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 pm

So happy to hear about the update! Love happy endings!
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Return to Pet Shop Talk