Were you a budding toy designer?

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Were you a budding toy designer?

Postby Waylah » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:32 pm

When you were a kid, did you dream up new ideas for Pet Shop sets? Or other toys?
Or as an adult, do you imagine making your own toy line?
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Re: Were you a budding toy designer?

Postby jillrose » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 pm

I remember dreaming up My Little Birdies and actually writing to Hasbro suggesting the idea! I loved Li'l Litters so much and thought they should make mommy and baby bird families.

I was SHOCKED in 2015 to learn that Fairy Tail Birds had a line of Teeny Tiny Tails...I made it a mission to collect all 8 baby birds after that, and created four families with Mommy + 2 babies each!! :D It was literally a childhood vision come to life.

I cannot remember if I dreamed up additional Littlest Pet Shops, but I did make a ton of clay animals and cardboard houses, and when I was into Polly Pockets I made more using emptied out makeup compacts and jewelry cases that my mom dad, and all the furnishings were made of clay :)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Re: Were you a budding toy designer?

Postby dIGITS » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 am

Haha most definitely! It's still a dream of mine to make a perfect toy. LPS and Blythe are my two perfect toys (both vintage not how hasbro redid them. Lol how ironic is that though?) but I still dream of making other things.
As a kid I drew up sets and sent to Kenner. They were pretty bad LOL
Is seriously addicted to all things adorable.
dIGITS

Return to Pet Shop Talk