If you could change or add anything, what would it be??

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

If you could change or add anything, what would it be??

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:52 pm

I was just playing with some of my pieces and noticed one thing I would have changed (that I also remember thinking as a child). I regret that the Pet Shop doors didn't open. I love that feature on the zoo and Baby Buddies Nursery. It really would have added a bit more to the fun when playing with the Pet Shops or Kennel Set. I wonder why Kenner didn't put a hinge on the doors.

What about you? What would you have changed or added to the line or a set?
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Re: If you could change or add anything, what would it be??

Postby twincheckers » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm

More accessories! Think of how much more play you could get out of any of the sets with double the toys/brushes/food bowls!

My LPS toys always merged into my Barbies anyway and I had very creative story lines going with my Barbies so the possibilities would have been endless.

I also always thought the little kennels like the one that came with Happy Puppy could have been a bit bigger. I know that wouldn't have have been realistic, but even as a kid it was hard to get the pets out once they were in unless I picked the kennel up and dumped the dog out....
twincheckers

Postby jillrose » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:33 am

I wish the balls could have come off the seal / sea lion noses! I always hated when accessories were attached to animals. it's one of the main reasons I never got into In My Pocket animals. I liked my animals to be freestanding :)

Same for the frogs on the lily pads; they very easily could have been designed to snap on and off - and the lovebirds! I wish they could come off their perch!
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby Waylah » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Oh I absolutely agree Jillrose - I remember being frustrated that the starfish didn't come off the nose of my sealion. Anything permanently stuck isn't very play-with-able. I wished the chicks came out of the hay piece of the hen's set.
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Return to Pet Shop Talk