Favorite collecting moment

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Favorite collecting moment

Postby Waylah » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:55 pm

What's one of your favorite moments in collecting? Was it when you spotted that long-sought after tiny piece in a mixed lot? Was it when you opened up that package and saw those little animals -in real life- for the first time, held them in your hand and saw how they work? Was it seeing your kids enjoy them just as much as you did when you were little?
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Re: Favorite collecting moment

Postby jillrose » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:50 am

One of my favorite moments occurred in 2014 when I spotted a new Ebay listing for a HUGE lot of LPS just minutes after it was posted. I zoomed in on the photos and saw both the Kitty-Be-Mine AND Puppy-Be-Mine!! The lot had a BIN, so I went for it. It felt like I'd stumbled on a gold mine! :D
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby LPS-in-Germany » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:23 am

There were sooooo many favorite collecting moments...
But I remember when I was just part of the forum a month or maybe two, a collector popped up and sold hers and her sisters collection. It was a massive and very complete one, even with duplicates...There were many htf sets for sale and I was too late on most of them :( But I was so shocked when she send me a pm in which she told me that the complete swan set was still available!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o And then she sold it to me for 90$!!!

I think this was one of the best moments I had during my time as a collector =)
...and of course the day I finished my LPS room :D :D :D (Though I have to say it's never REALLY finished...)
"Now I'm not looking for an absolution, forgiveness for the things I do - but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes, try walking in my shoes
"

--> Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5188
LPS-in-Germany

Postby twincheckers » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:49 am

My favorite moment has nothing to do with LPS. I started collecting other toys that I had when I was a kid after I reacquired the LPS pieces I had when I was younger. For most of the five years I've been collecting, there was a stuffed tiger that made animal noises that I just could not find. Couldn't find any information on what it was called, who made it, anything.... All I remembered was it came in a green box. In December, I was playing around on Ebay and FOUND IT. Ed Kaplan Zooborns. I found a tiger, bought it, and waited for it to come in. When it finally arrived, I opened the box, squeezed it, and heard that little digital roar and had this calm sense of "I finally found you" come over me. I'm so relieved and happy to finally have that little guy. :D
twincheckers

Postby loves toys » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:22 pm

twincheckers wrote:My favorite moment has nothing to do with LPS. I started collecting other toys that I had when I was a kid after I reacquired the LPS pieces I had when I was younger. For most of the five years I've been collecting, there was a stuffed tiger that made animal noises that I just could not find. Couldn't find any information on what it was called, who made it, anything.... All I remembered was it came in a green box. In December, I was playing around on Ebay and FOUND IT. Ed Kaplan Zooborns. I found a tiger, bought it, and waited for it to come in. When it finally arrived, I opened the box, squeezed it, and heard that little digital roar and had this calm sense of "I finally found you" come over me. I'm so relieved and happy to finally have that little guy. :D

Aww I wish I had known you were looking for the name of them, I could have helped you out! I collect them, kinda. ;) I have 5 of them, and I love them! :D
loves toys

Postby loves toys » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:23 pm

My favorite moment was when I stumbled across a Ruby and her stall on eBay for about $25 I think. I was so excited and couldn't believe it. :D
loves toys

Postby ibuildabrit » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:05 pm

My favorite moment was winning the nearly complete swan family. It was really really cool
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Return to Pet Shop Talk