Where is everyone?

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Where is everyone?

Postby jillrose » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi everyone! :) I'd like to start a brainstorm to drum up some enthusiasm and posting around here. It's been a bit lonely lately :? I remember when I used to take half an hour to read daily posts!

Thoughts? :)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Re: Where is everyone?

Postby Allibvarsity » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:13 pm

I totally agree! I miss everyone. I remember when this used to be a really active forum :(
Allibvarsity

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:06 am

I'm still here! :D hello friends!

What did you have in mind Jill?
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jeapos88 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:28 am

I'm here!
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby jillrose » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:34 am

I'm not sure, really :) I just remember that we all used to be so much more vocal about recent additions to our collections, comparing variations, investigating oddities.

:roll: I feel badly because it seems a little sad without Sarafina around, updating her website as we find new things. I'm wondering if we should create an annex site, so we can continue to build on the existing knowledge base of all things Kenner?

I'm also wondering if we can encourage some more collection photo sharing, just revive the energy as we all have new additions, etc.

I also wonder where some other members have gone, or if they too are just slow to post due to overall levels of activity.

Maybe I can also start a little poll or something so that the new members get talking as well!
jillrose

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:54 pm

I wonder if Sarafina would allow someone to moderate the website as well. I tried doing my own but its so time consuming to re-start and repeat all the same things. But there have definitely been many new finds especially in the variants and merchandise categories. It would be great for us to be able to keep that going as well!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jillrose » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:55 am

I had actually asked Sarakina back in 2014 if she'd like to share access to site updates, but she had said no at the time - mainly because the site apparently has a lot of weird coding. I don't do code :shock: but I could reach out to her again. Even if she'd rather not give access to the actual site, I'm sure she'd be open to the idea of creating a "sister site" that can link to hers, have proper linking and referencing, but that we could freely build and update as a compliment to the existing one! :)
jillrose

Postby skykitty » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:55 am

I would love to be active if given a prompt or something :) I have a few LPS related things I could post about, but I check in here and it seems like no ones around to read so I don't bother.
Most wanted: Kitty Goes Camping, Twinkling Sled Party, Sweet Sleepy Puppy, Grey mama kitty variation & kittens, Mail order kitties basket, Let It Pour Pup <3 Pound Puppies/Purries minis
skykitty

Postby jillrose » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Ohhh, do post! :) I think many of us are checking and seeing silence...we all need to stop lurking! :D
jillrose

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jillrose wrote:Ohhh, do post! :) I think many of us are checking and seeing silence...we all need to stop lurking! :D

yes, so many post views, so little comments. lol
TequilaMockingbird

Postby Waylah » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:07 am

Great thread, and some great ideas. I don't know why the forum's gotten more quiet of late. I totally agree with everything you're all saying, and I'd love to see the forum bouncing back. I've got some ideas...
I've wanted to do a custom competition, and I nearly set one up, but somehow ... didn't. Well, I think now's the time, eh?
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby jillrose » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:01 am

Oooohhh that would be fun! :)
jillrose

Postby twincheckers » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:48 pm

I'm still here!! I haven't been collecting as much... been paying off student loan debt and I've gone back to crafting so most of my money goes to Michael's now :lol: :lol:

I'd love to see more activity around here though. I miss the vibrant community we had a few years ago. :(
twincheckers

Postby skykitty » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:46 am

Not sure if something like this has been done in the past, but I see it in other types of online communities I'm in: Could have weekly prompts like "post a pic of your":

-First set
-Favorite set
-Collection

Or discussions like:

-how you first got into LPS
-what item did you hunt for the hardest and did you finally find it
-your current #1 'unicorn'

And it of course could get more creative than the basic examples I gave haha but those seem to get things rolling at least
Most wanted: Kitty Goes Camping, Twinkling Sled Party, Sweet Sleepy Puppy, Grey mama kitty variation & kittens, Mail order kitties basket, Let It Pour Pup <3 Pound Puppies/Purries minis
skykitty

Postby jillrose » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:05 am

Love this idea! Go for it!!! :) It has been so long since we have posted any polls. Even more fun if it prompts for photos!
jillrose

Postby Nina:) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Hiiii i'm here too :)
Nina:)

Return to Pet Shop Talk