Pets with frizzy hair

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Pets with frizzy hair

Postby Allibvarsity » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:19 am

I have some animals with long or curly hair that is really frizzy and knotted. How do y'all fix them so that they are silly and pretty again?
Allibvarsity

Re: Pets with frizzy hair

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:13 pm

I've tried this method on my little pony's and dolls, so it should work on lps as well.

Wash the hair with regular shampoo, carefully brush out the tangles, use a flat iron on a very low setting, and quickly run the hair through it while it is still wet. You might have to make several passes to get the frizz out. This will take ALL THE CURL OUT. The next step will restore the curl.

Take a straw and wrap the hair around it like a curler, and secure it with a Bobby pin or rubber band. Place the hair in a pot of boiling water for just minute, too long might melt it. Once the hair has dried completely, remove the straw and the hair should be nice and curly once again.
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby Waylah » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:11 am

Wow, nice tips. Will keep this in mind. Usually for me, just a careful comb makes a big improvement, but I haven't dealt with the major fuzziness that can happen.
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby jillrose » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:00 am

My Little Pony forums have tons of resources about fixing frizz!
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Return to Pet Shop Talk