Regret selling my tortoises! UPDATE 5/22/17

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Regret selling my tortoises! UPDATE 5/22/17

Postby phoebemiller » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:17 pm

UPDATE 5/22/17: So I bought a vintage LPS lot from ebay that included several pieces I wanted, and in those were the two tortoises! Well, when they arrived, I was so disappointed to find out that the little walking tortoise is broken! It doesn't walk because the little wheel is missing the middle part and it seems like the little front legs are not attached correctly anymore! I'm so frustrated that the seller did not mention this! :x Not sure if I'm going to return them or just keep them since they're so hard to find....

Hi everyone! I'm feeling so sad! I decided to sell some of my duplicate sets, but for some crazy reason I thought it'd be a good idea to sell my two tortoises. I already have a turtle set, and I just had the loose tortoises without their tank. I guess I convinced myself I didn't really need them since I already had a complete turtle set. As some of you may remember, I've been collecting since last year for my three daughters. I have the three cases, the zoo case, plus a whole assortment of sets from different species. Well, I guess I grew a bit too attached to the little tortoises and now I regret selling them sooo much!! :cry: Anyone ever sold a vintage LPS they later on regret?

I hope to find them again, and hopefully get a complete set this time!
Last edited by phoebemiller on Mon May 22, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoebemiller

Re: Regret selling my tortoises! :(

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:29 pm

awwww. don't feel bad. you can always collect them again. I also love the turtles and tortoises. They're so cute! I'll check my extras for you if you'd like! :D
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby twincheckers » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Not a vintage LPS, but vintage Puppy in my Pocket... I had a ton of them that were in mixed lots I bought when I started on the vintage toy adventure. I sold most of them... and then I missed them.... so I bought them again! Not parting with them this time! lol!
twincheckers

Postby phoebemiller » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:25 am

Sure! Let me know if you do have them!

TequilaMockingbird wrote:awwww. don't feel bad. you can always collect them again. I also love the turtles and tortoises. They're so cute! I'll check my extras for you if you'd like! :D
phoebemiller

Postby Waylah » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:27 am

If you do reunite yourself with the tortoises, I have a home for them :) Tank and beach. The '93 one has cool transparent 'water'!
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby skykitty » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Regret selling my everything, see my intro post! Your post made me feel not-alone haha
skykitty

Postby phoebemiller » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:01 pm

Thanks Waylah, I'll keep this in mind!

Waylah wrote:If you do reunite yourself with the tortoises, I have a home for them :) Tank and beach. The '93 one has cool transparent 'water'!
phoebemiller

Return to Pet Shop Talk