Oh well … hopefully next time

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Oh well … hopefully next time

Postby loves toys » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:58 pm

I'm disappointed I didn't win this lot on ebay. :cry: I don't know if the 2 cats are actual prototypes or not, the one I would say there's a good chance since the tail matches, but who knows. I haven't bought anything LPS related for a while, but when I saw this I thought I'd treat myself, because work has been horrible and is just getting worse (management and just how things are run), so I'm currently looking for a new job - have been looking since the end of December. So I bid really high hoping to win, but unfortunately I didn't win. Oh well, I guess I'll add them to the "customs to make" list ;) Congrats to the winner! I would love to see close up photos of the 2 cats when you get them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/littlest-pet-sh ... 4191368005
loves toys

Re: Oh well … hopefully next time

Postby 8Caroline8 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:52 pm

I contacted the seller and was told they were not customs, so they assumed they were hand painted.(which didn't really clarify anything for me). They also wouldn't answer my question if they worked for Kenner or not, so i just couldn't find myself to bid on it. I truly cannot believe it went that high,someone must know more of the story i would think.
8Caroline8

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Yes this seller is tricky to get info from. They did work for Kenner (or someone they know did) but I don't think directly on LPS. I do know that most of the pieces are prototypes. Its the same seller I got my stable from, the hamsters, some other hand painted pieces etc. I also know that Kenner artists would take production pieces and repaint them to develop a new line. This is why we see repeats of the same molds. I have a primed dalmatian that was to be turned into a painted prototype from another ex-employee as well. I believe that is what these are. Probably hand painted over what appears to be production pieces (although I don't think the one cat was produced with that tail color?). I guess we will wait and see.
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:14 pm

This is what I was talking about. I got it from a Kenner artist (who I guess specialized in painting LPS eyes :shock: ) who told me that they used to prime them like this and then repaint them to come up with new color variations and ideas. This was one of them that was primed but never repainted.
Attachments
ProtoPup.jpg
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby 8Caroline8 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:08 pm

That is so cool , i feel like i learn something new everyday on this forum or through e-bay! I kind of guessed the kittens were painted over to come up with new pets,but wasn't 100% sure! It's really cool to see what could have been! On the Littlest pet shop collectors website by Sarafina, i love looking at the page with the list of un-produced sets! I think littlest pet shop dinosaurs would have been soo cute! It's also cool to think they could pop up one day!!
8Caroline8

Postby jillrose » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:24 am

I had noticed this lot...cannot believe how high it went :shock: Hoping someone here got it. I was kind of put off by how dirty the pieces were; I noticed when zooming in on the photos. I couldn't tell if they were hand painted prototypes or just carelessly-kept customs. Really hopefuly that someone here won so that we can uncover the mystery :)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby Alie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:05 am

Really interesting ! :thumbup: I would liked to do this job and be paid for painting pet shop and invent new ones !! :lol:
Alie

Postby moonlightkitty » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:15 pm

I hope they are prototypes because that's awfully high for a custom job.
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Postby ibuildabrit » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:52 am

They look like customs to me but wow on the price!
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Return to Pet Shop Talk