Fancy Curls and Petite Pony Carousels

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Fancy Curls and Petite Pony Carousels

Postby jillrose » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:01 pm

I am currently working on my Petite Ponyland setup :) Just for fun, here are two photos comparing the Petite Pony Carousel to the Fancy Curls Carousel:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Petites' Carousel came out in either 1990 or 1991, I believe; accessories included a ticket booth, slide, teacup ride, and two ponies. (I have these, but they are in a bag, in need of washing :oops: ) The seats had horseshoes on them so that Petites could sit and be locked in place. The carousel also played the song "Toyland," the base is the music box, and you must turn the carousel counterclockwise in order to wind the musical mechanism. You then use a Petite Pony's horseshoe key base to turn the switch on (the purple dot at the top of the steps).

The Fancy Curls Carousel came out a fee years later, and is strikingly similar in shape; however, the carousel seats are platform style to accomodate the larger Pet Shop pets. The grass base has painted details, but fewer holes for the fences. (Every Petites building had those fences!)

Additionally, the carousel base is much lighter, because it does not contain a music box.

In case anyone is wondering, my Fancy Curls lion found a more appropriate home with a pride of her own kind:

image.jpg

;)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Re: Fancy Curls and Petite Pony Carousels

Postby Bonbon » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:09 am

It's so funny, it's exactly the same mould !
Bonbon

Re: Fancy Curls and Petite Pony Carousels

Postby Knidey » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:42 pm

That is really cool! I would love to see what the ponies look like that go with the carousel. They must be really rare I have never heard of them before or seen a picture in all of the research that I have done.
Knidey

Return to Pet Shop Talk