a bit frowny.

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

a bit frowny.

Postby Waylah » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:43 am

I'm annoyed.
I tried bidding on a lot with an item on my swap partner's list. It was a super good price. But my bid got rebutted (at the last second) because 'seller will not ship to Australia'. This is really annoying because if I'd known it would rebut my bid, then I would have just changed my address to my swap partner's, asked the seller if they would post to me (so it could go in the swap box) and if not, just have them post it directly to my swap partner as an early surprise.

It went with only one bid.

I'm annoyed.

I guess I'll just have to think about how nice it is for the person who did get it. Yeah. Someone is really happy with their win. :)

...But I'm starting to get worried there won't be many LPS items in the box :/
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Re: a bit frowny.

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:26 am

I'm sorry that happened :( I've had that happen to me before. It's so annoying. Even after asking the seller to ship to the US and it still didnt work.
But don't worry too much. I'm sure your box will be great! It's the thought that counts! And you had great intentions :D
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby moonlightkitty » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:53 pm

If my box from you last year is anything to go by I'm sure your swap partner will be elated.

But yes, that's an annoying thing to have happen! I feel your pain.
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Postby ibuildabrit » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:15 pm

I've been having my own frowny thoughts toward ebay too. Mostly that everything I want is popping up right now when I'm the most poor in my life. Your box will be great for your swap partner. I know that when I participated in swaps it was great to just get the surprise of the box!
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby Waylah » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:07 am

Aww man I hear you. When I had no money I turned off all my ebay updates and disapeared from collecting, so I wouldn't know what I wasn't bidding on. Then of course when I come back I read "Oh I put my <set I really wanted> on ebay, MIB, and it only sold for <crazy low price>". lol! Murphy's law.

I'm very happy with my box I'm sending out. I hope the recipient will be too!
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby katgyrl » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:52 am

I'm sure your swap partner will love their box, even if there is no LPS stuff! Like Brit said, it's the fun of getting a surprise box that is the best part of the swap. :)
katgyrl

Postby loves toys » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:05 pm

katgyrl wrote:I'm sure your swap partner will love their box, even if there is no LPS stuff! Like Brit said, it's the fun of getting a surprise box that is the best part of the swap. :)

I agree - I am sure your swap partner will love their box! :D
loves toys

Return to Pet Shop Talk