Throwback to 1995! Christmas Memories of Childhood

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Throwback to 1995! Christmas Memories of Childhood

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Hey everyone! I know its still a little early but….

I was just looking through the Sears Holiday Wish Book from 1995 and thought I'd scan it and share. (I couldn't find scans already anywhere). I remember looking through the Sears Catalog every year around this time and circling the things I wanted and making a list to send to Santa. I rarely got most of the things I wanted being one of 5 kids, but I would usually get the one or two special items I really wanted. I remember one year it was the treasure troll tree house (I also think was from Sears) and how excited I was! Did anyone else collect those treasure trolls too??

Seeing this Catalog brings back so many great memories! By 1995 I had pretty much given up on LPS. I wasn't a fan of the dazzling hair and such…I preferred the original pets and zoo animals. Looking back I wish I had collected them all!! I guess now that the fun of collecting as an adult :)

One of my most memorable things from the holidays when I was a kid was when my brother and I would take our pet hamsters and pay with them in the christmas tree. We would put them at the top; then go watch cartoons and come back and search for them 20 or 30 minutes later; looking all throughout the tree. Sometimes it would take us a while to find them. They'd usually be among the bottom branches looking for a way down or nibbling on an ornament. Its so funny looking back at the things we did as children. Those poor little things. :?

Anyone have any favorite memories like this from their childhood? Writing letters to Santa or making Christmas lists? Any favorite catalogs or christmas commercials?
Attachments
EPSON015.JPG
EPSON016.JPG
EPSON017.JPG
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Re: Throwback to 1995! Christmas Memories of Childhood

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:46 pm

And this is the Troll House in case anyone was interested/wondering. And NO that isn't me in the picture! :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
treehouse.jpg
treehouse.jpg (31.92 KiB) Viewed 5475 times
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jillrose » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:04 pm

These scans are great! :-D

When I was little, I tried to collect all the LPS cats & rabbits; I distinctly remember asking for the Ready to Go cats and Pet Presents cat sets. And receiving them for Christmas...WOOHOO!

I also remember the Clubhouse Kitties being the last LPS set I received on a Christmas (1996?); ironically, LPS was getting phased out of toy stores in New Jersey right around when I transitioned from elementary to middle school :( But even though I stopped asking for new sets - mainly because they weren't making new ones that I wanted anymore - I took to decorating my LPS and Petite Pony collections for the holidays :) If only I still had that kind of time on my hands! :lol:
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:42 pm

How do you mean decorating them?
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jillrose » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:29 pm

I would set up a mini Christmas tree with dollhouse ornaments in the middle of LPS-land. One year I got really fancy and put the thinnest little beaded garlands up on my Petite Ponies' homes and shoppes :)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby ibuildabrit » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:48 pm

thanks for the scans! Those are really neat.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby katgyrl » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:49 am

How fun! I used to make my LPS into ornaments to hang them on the Christmas tree every year. I would make little perches and baskets and hanging "rafts" out of popsicle sticks and wire to hang them on the tree so they could be part of our Christmas decorations. Such fun memories. :D
katgyrl

Return to Pet Shop Talk