Catalogs

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Catalogs

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Just wondering if anyone else collects the LPS toy fair catalogs (they can be seen on Sarafina's website). They're so fun to look at. (I also have a Canadian? catalog that has some IMP sets if anyone wants scans-sadly no LPS) I was also wondering if anyone had any old advertisements from weekly flyers in the newspaper and such that featured LPS sets for sale. I vaguely remember seeing them sometimes. I just have a scrap and I can't even remember which flyer it was from. :?
Attachments
IMG_2072.jpeg
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Re: Catalogs

Postby loves toys » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:36 pm

I collect the toy fair catalogs, but that is all. Your flyer is cool, I wonder where it came from. :?
loves toys

Postby jeapos88 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:27 am

I hqve several toy fair catalogs, an Italian ad, and the best one is a kenner press kit from 1995(i think) and it has lots of info on lots of kenner toys.
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:06 pm

What's the press kit look like? :shock: have we seen it before?
I'm also selling a 96 pretoy fair catalog that has the turtle set and mini sea world pets that were never released if anyone is interested. The scans are on Sarafinas site
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katgyrl » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:45 am

Mini sea world pets? I have to go check that out!

I only collected some of the set photos that were on the cards and boxes of sets I got. I have actually never gone to a toy fair! If the MLP fair ever comes to the NW I will be all over that.
katgyrl

Postby jeapos88 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:29 pm

TequilaMockingbird wrote:What's the press kit look like? :shock: have we seen it before?
I'm also selling a 96 pretoy fair catalog that has the turtle set and mini sea world pets that were never released if anyone is interested. The scans are on Sarafinas site

I posted a few scans of the press kit right after I got it, just the papers on lps and baby buddies. So far it is the only press kit i've seen. It has info on many toy lines, some which were never actually made. I can scan all of it anyone would like to see it.

Here are the scans i did http://www.kennerlittlestpetshop.com/fo ... kit#p18835
jeapos88

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Wow Jeapos,these are great! I don't remember seeing these before. Maybe we need to restart that thread here on the new forum. Was this a booklet or a catalog or something intended for retailers?

Also, to view this you need to just take off the "before" when you click the link.
TequilaMockingbird

Postby ibuildabrit » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:40 am

I didn't save any newpaper clippings and I don't remember them being in ads around where I lived. Maybe it's my faulty memory. I like that we have saved so much of the history of LPS and not just the toys themselves.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:12 am

TequilaMockingbird wrote:Wow Jeapos,these are great! I don't remember seeing these before. Maybe we need to restart that thread here on the new forum. Was this a booklet or a catalog or something intended for retailers?.

It all came in a folder, and it has a cover letter in the very front, I believe from the CEO(I'll have to check) One side of the folder has boys toys and the other has girls toys. Each toy line has 2-3 pages of info and a glossy black and white photo was included for some of them.

I don't think it was for retailers per se, but maybe whoever was in charge of buying. The seller i got it from had several press kits, but they were all for various movies, and i haven't seen another for a toy company.I do wonder if it was something used or given out at the toy fair that year.
jeapos88

Return to Pet Shop Talk