I wonder why this is always broken?

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

I wonder why this is always broken?

Postby Waylah » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:21 am

I can see pretty clearly why the sticks on the aquarium fish are almost always broken, as are the pegs on the various tree branches, but does anyone know why the feet on the jungle bunch parrot are just about ALWAYS broken? I think I have about 6. And I've seen it on others' sets too. But I haven't noticed the same thing with the other, very similar parrot feet. I wonder why . . .
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Re: I wonder why this is always broken?

Postby jillrose » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:50 pm

I have a broken feet parrot from that set. Definitely noticed the same weirdness with the birds!
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby moonlightkitty » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:31 pm

I don't have the Jungle Bunch but my childhood friend's parrot's feet broke, too! She glued it onto the perch.

And I don't know how you managed to do it, Waylah, but when you sent me the Bobbing Fish they were all fine! One came off in transit but it wasn't broken, and Hubs just glued it back into the aquarium.
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Postby jeapos88 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:33 am

I broke mine when I was a kid. I was trying to put the bird on the pertch and i guess it wasn't exactly straight, so when I pushed it on the pertch the feet snaped. I remember gluing them more than once, but re breaking them as well. I still have my childhood set and the birds feet are broken :)
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Return to Pet Shop Talk