Upset over cancelled auction

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Upset over cancelled auction

Postby moonlightkitty » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:30 pm

I was bidding on Ebay for some Paw Print Club puppies - as you may know, I recently acquired the Paw Print Club bunnies and was keen to expand my collection.

All was going well with the bidding. One other person tried but didn't match my bid.

Then all of a sudden the auction ended.

The seller cancelled the auction.

Which annoys me because the seller had no idea how high I was willing to bid for those pups, considering they weren't even available in Australia at the time. There was still about 4 days left on the auction at the time.

Obviously I don't know if the seller changed their mind, got a better offer, or simply didn't want to sell them at the price they were at. But either way I think it's wrong and unfair.
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Re: Upset over cancelled auction

Postby Waylah » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:28 pm

I can explain what happened.
I already bought these, legitimately at auction. The seller had listed these and some mail order bunnies. I really wanted the mail order bunnies, and I put a bid on them and also a lower bid on the puppies, because you know how it is with postage, the more the better. I wasn't really expecting to get the puppies, because I was really bidding for the bunnies. But, I DIDN'T get the bunnies and I DID get the puppies! Oh well I thought, it was a good deal and I can maybe trade them for bunnies or something else I'm looking for.

Now the seller had other things I was interested in, and she also said she had things she hadn't listed yet. So I asked if I should wait to pay after those other things. She said yes, ebay would automatically open an unpaid item case, but we could close it after the other things.

But, ebay closed the unpaid item case by itself, took away my right to the item, put an 'unpaid item' against my name, and automatically relisted the item. The seller had no idea it would do this and felt really bad, but she couldn't immediately work out how to cancel the relisted item, because there were bids on it. She did eventually manage to end it, as you know.

Its all very muddled and I can imagine how frustrating it must be, but at least it wasn't any kind of shady underhanded business, just ebay messing up. If someone had offered to end it early that would be really bad. Apparently someone offered the seller $20 to end the kitty-be-mine early!

Right now I just hope I can get the 'unpaid item' removed from my ebay name.
I hope this clears up things for you. *sigh* ahh ebay, can't live with it, can't live without it!
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby moonlightkitty » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:01 pm

I do find that confusing, but from what I can gather the pups were accidentally relisted? Because you were waiting for some other items before paying?

If that is the case then I understand.

But my bunnies arrived today, so I'm a bit mollified.
[Blog]
moonlightkitty

Postby Waylah » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:49 am

Yes that's it, eBay automatically relisted the items because the seller told me to wait before paying, because i was waiting for other items. Glad to hear your bunnies arrived! They just need a basket, yeah? I will keep my eyes peeled! :)
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby moonlightkitty » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Yes they do need a basket, but I am thinking of getting the tan one and just painting it the right colour.
[Blog]
moonlightkitty

Return to Pet Shop Talk