Most-coveted sets from childhood?

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Re: Most-coveted sets from childhood?

Postby moonlightkitty » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:44 pm

ibuildabrit wrote:I think the water garden kitties and the twinkling sled party was the pinnacle of LPS. They were cute and fun! Lots of actions on both sets and beautiful. I love those sets.

Definitely, I agree. they started to go a bit weird with the Sparkling pets and as much as I LOVE the Sparkling ponies, I think the two light-up sets were the very best original (non-sparkly/weird) sets LPS made.
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Postby volleylove7 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:46 am

Considering that I really am still a kid right now and that LPS are older than I am, I wasn't alive when they first came out but I do remember that I would always go over to my older cousin's house and play with her blue pet shop for HOURS! Then one day my parents finally got me one of my very own when I was 5 or so and I LOVED it! One of my favorite sets that came with it was the Monkey Swinging tree house set :)
Obsessive G1 and G2 LPS collector along with Disney dolls, pins, vinylmations, and Monster High dolls :D
volleylove7

Postby sarafina » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:47 pm

volleylove7 wrote:Considering that I really am still a kid right now and that LPS are older than I am, I wasn't alive when they first came out but I do remember that I would always go over to my older cousin's house and play with her blue pet shop for HOURS! Then one day my parents finally got me one of my very own when I was 5 or so and I LOVED it! One of my favorite sets that came with it was the Monkey Swinging tree house set :)

It really warms my heart that younger folks like you love & collect vintage LPS. :)

I LOVED the blue Pet Shop as well - I remember getting it at K-Mart and just marveling over it while it was sitting in the cart as my mom finished shopping...I could barely contain myself while waiting for that shopping trip to be over so that I could open up the box and have my own pet shop!
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Postby LPS-in-Germany » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:00 pm

TequilaMockingbird wrote:I remember seeing the gerbil set on the counter at KayBee toys and wanting it badly. It was set up so you could try it out and play with it.

Ahh, yes!! Same over here. I discovered this set in my friends children's room and I totally loved it. I remember I was fascinated by this magnetic features...before I found out she had it, I saw in the TV-commercials and I knew THIS must be mine soon....it was the second set I got - my mother had no chance!! :D :D
"Now I'm not looking for an absolution, forgiveness for the things I do - but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes, try walking in my shoes
"

--> Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5188
LPS-in-Germany

Postby Waylah » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 am

I wanted the chameleon most of all. I also wanted us to get the monkeys and some of the cat sets. The only cat set we had when we were kids was the bobcat my sister got. We both wanted the chirpy tree friends too. But it was always the chameleon for me. The main reason I bought the falcon set was because it had the same tank as the lizard!
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Previous

Return to Pet Shop Talk