How rare are the sparkling pony pairs?

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

How rare are the sparkling pony pairs?

Postby jillrose » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Just curious. Also, what would be a good price for a set?
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Re: How rare are the sparkling pony pairs?

Postby moonlightkitty » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Which year? I think the 95 ones are rarer than the 94.

I paid $70 inc shipping for the complete Ice Palace Ponies, but I REALLY REALLY wanted them.

I don't have a complete Royal Carriage set, but I got the ponies in a bundle.

The Sweetheart Ponies average out at about $25-20 complete inc hair decorations. I see them pop up quite a bit. They're quite popular.

I also paid a bit more for the Parade Ponies and the Jumping Contest Ponies because I was brand new at collecting and didn't realise they would come up again so soon. About $30-40 each complete.

That being said, I have doubles of almost all of the ponies as well.
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Re: How rare are the sparkling pony pairs?

Postby Waylah » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:11 pm

The ice palace ponies and royal carriage ponies are less common, as moonlight kitty said, and they're also very popular.

Price tends to be affected by a combination of rarity and popularity; for example, some of the fantasy sets are rare but not popular, so the price can be lower than what you would predict from rarity alone, and other sets can be common but very popular, so sell well.

I think the sweetheart ponies have a 'popularity bonus' as do the ice palace ponies. Also there are about a million tiny loseable accessories in the sweethearts and parade pony set especially, so having them complete is a bonus. But the horses themselves pop up in mixed lots all the time. That being said, there have been quite a few MIB sweetheart ponies floating through recently that were not expensive and didn't sell instantly. A MIB ice palace ponies or royal carriage ponies on the other hand would be snapped up very quickly!

I love the ice palace ponies. I collected my set piece by piece and was so happy when I completed it!
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Return to Pet Shop Talk