Topps/Collect'ems Baby Wild Animals

Talk about other vintage toys!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Topps/Collect'ems Baby Wild Animals

Postby Notua21 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:43 pm

I remember collecting these when I was younger, but I don't know much about them. There are a few I would still be interested in collecting, but I can't seem to find much on them. I did a little research sometime last year, and unless I'm mistaken, thought they might have been part of or possibly an offshoot of the IMP line. I now cannot find the site that I found that information on. If anybody knows more about these, or have any I'm looking for for sale I'd like to know! I will, however, need to dig mine out and find a complete list of the produced animals to know which ones I need.

These animals came in a plastic packet which contained a random animal, a family album, stickers of the included animal and a candy bottle. Here are some pictures of the packaging to help those memories bubble up to the surface:
https://www.potomacdist.com/images/temp/babywildb_500.jpg
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-17881172259643_2199_490857246

EDIT I'm pretty sure I found the site I had done some of my original research on :D
http://vintage.talviuni.com/index.html
Last edited by Notua21 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Notua21

Re: Topps/Collect'ems Baby Wild Animals

Postby jenna444 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Topps made Precious Puppies and Precious Kitties, too. I have the full set of Puppies, you can see them here http://www.collectorsquest.com/collection/5046/topps-precious-puppies They were very similar to Puppy in my Pocket, too. I'm not sure which came first, but some Puppy in my Pocket were sold in the same blind bag style with a candy bone and collectors info, just like Topps.
jenna444

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:01 pm

If you're still looking for these I have almost all of them. I purchased 3 boxes of sealed sets hoping to make one complete set of 24. But sadly, I'm still missing the polar bear. If anyone has that one with the card let me know. And if anyone is looking for any of the others, I may have them. I loved these animals as a kid. I had them in my zoo playset with the other animals. Really cute.
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby Notua21 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:34 pm

I am still looking for these! :D I need to check which ones I'm still missing but I don't have mine at the moment to check. I'll have to contact Babylickitysplit and see when I can retrieve them, I accidentally left them at her place a few months ago. :oops: Do you have a collection photo of them? I may be able to just pick out which ones I'm missing from memory ;) Thanks so much!
Notua21

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:39 pm

These are the extras I have. I have a few more but they're out in the car. I'm hoping to take pictures of my collection and see what other extras I have. The otter is especially adorable!!!
Attachments
photo1.JPG
TequilaMockingbird

Postby Notua21 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Oh, I know I definitely need Reynard the fox and Sprout the giraffe. I might need the cheetah, but I'm not sure. I remember Puppy the prairie dog was the very first one I got .... or maybe it was the chipmunk, lol its been a while :lol: I look forward to your other scans, pm me what you're looking to sell them for :D Thanks!
Notua21

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Here's the updated photo. These are what I currently have extras of. I have doubles and triples of a few. I don't have a card for the raccoon though. I think maybe $1 each?
Attachments
image.jpg
TequilaMockingbird

Postby Bodacious1992 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:51 pm

I have multiple polar bears, and in some random box may have the card to match. If I can't find the card would you still want the bear? Free of charge either way :)
Bodacious1992

Postby Nina:) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:46 am

I'm Interested in the koala, Giraffe, Sea lion, skunk, Fox, zebra,chipmunk and orangutan
Nina:)

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Hey Bodacious, just wondering if you ever found the polar bear. I think I may have found a card either way (fingers crossed). Thanks so much!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby Bodacious1992 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:27 pm

I just messages you but I know exactly where he is, just need to get into my garage... Which stinks because it doesn't have heat :) oh well the perks of living in Illinois :roll:
Bodacious1992

Postby magicpaws788 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:24 pm

When did you started to collect some wild animal toys?
How much is that now? Looks new and more interesting.
magicpaws788

Return to Vintage Toys