90s Relaunches!

Talk about other vintage toys!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

90s Relaunches!

Postby jillrose » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 am

So in case anyone hasn't heard ;) , Hasbro has relaunched some classic G1 ponies in honor of MLP's 35-year anniversary:

https://www.mlpmerch.com/2018/01/35th-a ... arget.html

And in case this is "old news," here's something more recent: the return of Polly Pocket!

http://www.scarymommy.com/polly-pocket- ... e=FBOnsite

I'm hoping original LPS may make a return, although without Kenner existing anymore, I'm not sure how much hope there is for such a thing :( I'd LOVE for Hasbro to bring back their MLP friends lines such as Petite Ponies and Li'l Litters!

Which toys would everyone else like to see again?
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Re: 90s Relaunches!

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 pm

I saw these too! And i guess a similar remake of the cupcake dolls. I picked up some mini ones. I like the way they smell, but not too impressed with the design. I also am not a big fan of the polly pocket remake. The art and design are a little off. But I do love the MLP and reuse of the mold. I so wish they would re-release LPS in the original style. The Hasbro ones are hideous! :evil: :twisted:

If anyone from Hasbro is reading this, and wants some ideas for a re-launch of LPS in the original style, I volunteer to help!!! :lol: :lol:
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jillrose » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:14 am

Ewwwww I just looked up what the new ones look like...yeeeesh :shock: Not what I expected given the original article!!

I saw the new cupcake dolls too. I only had one of those and I accidentally broke one of her arms off :| I don't know how she was scented, though, because she still smelled like frosting when I sold her years later!
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby ibuildabrit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:28 pm

I wish they would just continue with the lines they were starting. I want to see the baby turtle!
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Return to Vintage Toys