2017 Holiday CARD SWAP! *sign ups open*

Join in on our forum's swaps!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

2017 Holiday CARD SWAP! *sign ups open*

Postby katgyrl » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Come join the Holiday Card Swap! This is my favorite thing to do every year because it is so much fun getting holiday cards in the mail (makes me feel popular ;) ).

How the swap works:

When you sign up, you send me your mailing address. When sign ups close, I then send everyone a list of all the participants and their addresses and you send a card to everyone on your list (minus your own of course). If we get 8 people who sign up, everyone would be sending out 7 cards, make sense? Easy peasy lemon squeezy. International members are most welcome!

Swap Info:

Sign up deadline: Nov 25th (this is soon for those who might want to make cards!)
**if there are members not currently as active who you know might want to participate please reach out to them! The more people we get the more fun it is!
Mailing deadline: December 5th

Rules:

--Cards may be handmade or store-bought and must be regular greeting card size (no teeny tiny cards, you are welcome to go larger just be aware there may be extra postage).
--Cards may be all the same or tailored to each participant (or some of each ).
--Cards may be for any of the season's holidays or general seasonal. Be prepared to receive cards that may be celebrating a different holiday than you do.
--Be prepared to send cards internationally, which costs more than regular mail.
--All cards must be postmarked by the mailing deadline. If you need to mail your cards out late PM me immediately!
--Once the sign up deadline has passed and addresses have been exchanged, you may not back out of the swap! Negative feedback will be left for anyone who does not send out their cards.
--Please message me (Katgyrl) once you have sent all your cards
If you are not certain you will be able to meet the deadlines or follow all the rules, do not sign up!
--Most important rule: Have fun!!

To sign up:
post in this thread your holiday of preference, and your favorite thing about winter/the holidays (in case any participant wants to tailor their cards) and then PM me your mailing address. Once I receive your address I will post your username in our list of participants!

So, who's excited?!

List of Participants: (if you're name is on here I got your PM!)
Katgyrl
katgyrl

Re: 2017 Holiday CARD SWAP! *sign ups open*

Postby katgyrl » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:41 pm

The holiday I celebrate is Christmas, both religiously and fun (santa, etc). My favorite thing about the winter holidays is hot cocoa and playing in the snow!

I love getting cards so pretty much any kind of card I will enjoy! :D And I totally don't mind glitter bombs, if anyone wants to throw one my way. ;) :lol:
katgyrl

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:23 pm

I’m in! So excited! I’d love any card you want to send ;)
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:07 pm

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! was anyone else interested in the card swap?
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Return to Swaps